Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Roadblocks to Crafting Pierre

UPDATE: The latest PTR build revealed a new recipe, Schematic: Pierre! It only requires a skill level of 500 engineering to learn, but it is Bind on Pick Up. No word on where it will come from yet.

There's also an update with the Stabalized Lightning Source. A new schematic was added for it, and it also only requires 500 engineering (still BoP). I'm not sure if engineers will need to be level 90 to acquire either recipe, but let's hope there's an alternate way! :D

----------------------------------------------

The latest PTR patch brings us more information on how crafting Pierre will work.

Not only will you need a max-skill level (600) engineering toon, your character must also be level 90. This is due to the fact that you'll need to complete the quest Stabalized Lightning Source to unlock and learn how to craft one of the materials necessary to create Pierre.

To begin this quest, you'll need to kill Itoka, who drops Peculiar Engery Source. Itoka is an objective NPC for one of the dailies on the new zone, Isle of Thunder.

Currently both the recipe to craft the Stabalized Lightning Source and the lightning source itself are BoP. So you won't be able to ask around for extra mats from fellow engineers.

This is pretty disappointing news for me. I currently have an engineering alt, however she's not level 90 yet. Getting to max level engineering shouldn't be a problem, but with this new restriction on simply learning how to craft the materials, I guess I won't be adding Pierre to my collection for a while. With so much to do in Pet Battles, pet collecting, PVE content, and not to mention RL obligations, I just don't think I'll have the time to level another character.

If the pet's binding changes in the future and it becomes either BoE or cageable, perhaps I'll have a chance. Things could always change, but I doubt it. :(

Alternatively, I could drop a few thousand gold into leveling engineering on my main character. It's not ideal in the slightest, but if I don't have any other choice.. x_x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Perks N Peeves by Quintessence is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.